Julie Eschenbrenner, Au.D.
Board Certified Doctor of Audiology
Dr. Julie Eschenbrenner received her Doctorate in Audiology from the University of Florida in 1998. After working as a clinical audiologist for several years, she established Flatirons Audiology, Inc. with the goal of treating not only the hearing impaired, but also those suffering with tinnitus.
Education & Training:
- Doctor of Audiology degree from the University of Florida in Gainesville
- Masters Degree in Audiology from the University of Colorado at Boulder
- Bachelor’s Degree in Audiology and Speech Sciences from Michigan State University
- Neuromonics Clinical Training – 2007
- Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) for Management of Tinnitus and Hyperacusis (Jastreboff) – 2010
- SoundCure – 2012
- Tinnitus Practitioners Association – 2016
Professional Affiliations include:
- Board Certification in Audiology from the American Board of Audiology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Dr. Eschenbrenner is a Member in Good Standing for the Colorado Academy of Audiology
- Community Seminars based on Education and Management options for Hearing Loss, Tinnitus and Hyperacusis.
- Lafayette Oatmeal Festival - Provide information to the community and allow for a video-otoscopic examination (See Your Ears on TV). Contests for local individuals to win free hearing aids and high end earphones.
- Free Hearing Screening Program for local businesses and community groups.
- Physician Education Program - Educating Physicians on management options for hearing loss, tinnitus and hyperacusis so they are more able to provide accurate information to their patients.
Dr. Julie lives in Broomfield, Colorado with her husband and two happy, active sons. She enjoys baking, cooking, reading, hiking, camping, traveling and spending time with family and friends.
Patient Care Coordinator
Peggy joined our staff in February 2012 as our Patient Care Coordinator. Her friendly and fun personality makes her an excellent addition to our staff. She loves getting to know the new patients as well as keeping up with fun adventures of our current patients. She will be happy to help answer any questions you might have and will do her best to make your visit a pleasant experience. She will always greet you with a hot cup of coffee, a freshly baked cookie and a smile. Peggy was born and raised in Louisville, Colorado, and will be the first to tell you that it is absolutely the best place to live. She spent 25 years of her career working for the Rocky Flats Plant near Golden, Colorado. After her retirement in 2003, Peggy’s love for the water introduced her to her “other job” as a Water Aerobics Instructor for the Louisville Recreation/Senior Center on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. When she is not working, Peggy’s hobbies include gardening, collecting “Beatles” memorabilia and spending time with family and friends.
Liz joined our staff in January of 2018 and is our Office Administrator. Her positive attitude and sense of humor make the office a fun atmosphere to be in. Liz enjoys working with patients and helping with insurance billing, financing, and hearing aid repairs. She is happy to answer any questions you may have regarding office policies and services we offer. She enjoys the challenging work and the opportunities to make lasting connections with patients. Liz grew up in southern California. She spent 5 years in the Marine Corps after high school as an Arabic Linguist. She then moved to Oregon with her family to complete 2 Bachelor’s degrees in Psychology and Speech and Hearing Sciences. Liz then moved to Broomfield in 2014 to pursue a doctorate in Audiology. During this time, she met Dr. Julie and was offered a position in the office while taking some time off school to focus on her family. Liz has 2 energetic sons. She spends her free time hiking, watching her kids play sports, reading, baking, and exploring Colorado. She loves having movie nights at home with her boys and discovering all the yummy food the area has to offer.